Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Security and Privacy
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Security and Privacy Sadly, malware, spyware, hackers and privacy threats abound in today's world. Let's be paranoid and secure our penguins, and slam the doors on privacy exploits.

Old 11th January 2005, 10:26 AM
sandyabhanu Offline

Question why to disable firewall for dcgui

Hi,
i have installed FC3 with firewal option. i tried to use dcgui but i got some probs. Now i disabled firewall option and dcgui working properly. why i had problem with only dcgui not for net...
Old 11th January 2005, 11:02 AM
terr9898 Offline

The firewall is setup to block off traffic except over a few ports. Ports 80 is the standard port for web browser traffic and hence it works when the firewall is enabled. dc-gui like other p2p clients runs on a much higher, which is getting blocked by the firewall.
Old 14th January 2005, 04:43 AM
Varkk Offline

you need to specify which port you want dcgui to use in the config for that. then in the firewall config you want to open that port for both TCP and UDP. I think common ports used for DC are 412 and 1412 but I think you can actually use any.

Tags
dcgui, disable, firewall