Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 16th March 2017, 01:36 PM
bobx001 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Success on Rikomagic RKM36S

I was able to finally install Fedora successfully, i.e. *it works*, on a Rikomagic RKM36 Mini-PC.

Well, it was not really easy, here is what worked for me:

1. Fedora Workstation, I was only able to do a 2 stage install. An old FC23 first, and then using fedup, was able to update to FC25. I will post in a week time, to see if it survives. If I try a direct FC25 install with Gnome, and I guess Wayland, it won't work properly, and corrupts the file system, I can only surmise things start to happen out of sequence.

2. LXDE Spin works fine for FC25, installed on the first try, and she's been kicking a week already, doing random things around the house.
Old 16th March 2017, 02:16 PM
antikythera Offline
Administrator

linuxchrome
Re: Success on Rikomagic RKM36S

have you installed any additional RAM or stuck with the 2GB as supplied? F25 and Wayland may work better with more RAM as you'd have more to share for graphics rendering then.
Old 16th March 2017, 03:33 PM
bobx001 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Success on Rikomagic RKM36S

Quote:
Originally Posted by antikythera View Post
have you installed any additional RAM or stuck with the 2GB as supplied? F25 and Wayland may work better with more RAM as you'd have more to share for graphics rendering then.
Unfortunately I have not increased the RAM.

This coming weekend I will take a video of the full install of the latest FC25 default Workstation edition, that way we can maybe get some idea where is the point of failure. Maybe even FC26 too.

Tags
rikomagic, rkm36s, success