Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 26th December 2004, 01:55 AM
Floridatrains Offline

windows file server install probs

Very new to this please excuse me...after installation and I went to go back and add WINDOWS FILE SERVER get errer message :[B]Package Not Found
The following package could not be found on your system. Installation cannot continue until it is installed. (samba-common)
Old 26th December 2004, 02:15 AM
Woad_Warrior Offline

you need to install samba. it is on your install cd's and available through your favorite update tool. (apt, yum, etc...)
Old 26th December 2004, 02:51 AM
Floridatrains Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad_Warrior
you need to install samba. it is on your install cd's and available through your favorite update tool. (apt, yum, etc...)
I did that and thats the error I get also with other items I try through the add / remove programs and get the same message and I tried with all cd's..
Old 26th December 2004, 03:29 AM
Woad_Warrior Offline

check to see if yum is installed.
if so, open a terminal window, type
yum install samba*
that will install everything you need. (and probably a couple things you don't, but you can remove extra stuff once you get things figured out)
you might also need to use root permissions to do the install. (unless of course you're already in root)

Last edited by Woad_Warrior; 26th December 2004 at 03:33 AM.

Tags
file, install, probs, server, windows