FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    lxdm user switch causes exsiting session to crash

    I am logged in as user1 in tty1. Now I run
    Code:
    lxdm -c USER_SWITCH
    This does open the login screen to login as another user, but it opens it in the same tty1. So I cannot get to my earlier session of user1 on tty1. I also notice that the processes of user1 that were running in tty1 have been killed.

    This is on Fedora LXDE 21 Beta - Fedora-Live-LXDE-x86_64-21_Beta

    Should I report it as a bug? Couldn't find this reported anywhere. Can anyone suggest a workaround?

    thanks
    Bingo

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    4,042
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Re: lxdm user switch causes exsiting session to crash

    Perhaps run the command in another virtual terminal:

    Code:
    openvt lxdm -c USER_SWITCH
    I agree that according to the docs it should open it in the next tty not the current one.

    I have many ideas, even some I haven't thought of yet.

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLVED]
    Help: Switch Login Manager from GDM to LXDM
    By urilabob in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 6th July 2015, 03:45 AM
  2. switch user locks screen but doesn't switch user
    By amitkher in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16th November 2013, 11:46 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19th February 2012, 09:13 AM
  4. gdm user switch and session lock
    By chicha in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2nd February 2009, 12:17 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st August 2006, 05:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •