Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th December 2004, 11:58 AM
wjones23 Offline

Question WPC11 FC3 Freeze Problems

I have already posted this question in the "Hardware" forum and have gotten no response.

First of all...extreme newbie here...

I am trying to get an older laptop running on Fedora Core 3. I feel that if I can get things running on a laptop with a wireless card. I can work on getting Linux while I am watching TV.

I have installed Fedora Core 3 on a Toshiba 2100CDS. No problems with the installaion. When I intall my Linksys wpc11 wireless card (v3) with the system up and running, I get an instant lockup, no anything. I have to hold down the power button to restart. If I boot with the card inserted, the boot sequence does ok until I get to Network Startup, which is after PCMCIA startup, and hangs. Again, I have to hold down the power button to restart the machine.

I have not added any additional drivers to the OS.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
W Jones

Tags
fc3, freeze, problems, wpc11

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules