Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd October 2013, 05:39 AM
Graft Offline

linuxfirefox
some problems running draftSight

Hello everyone,
i'm new to linux
i'm running Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)
and 3rd day i think i'm trying to make draftSight work had some hard time intalling it, but after i got to install it, it crashes whule starting and gives this kind of error:

/opt/dassault-systemes/draftsight/bin/draftsight: line 34: 2196 Segmentation fault (core dumped) "$BINARY" -style plastique

i havent really installed anything else exept for mp3 codecs and all dependencies needed for draftSight to intall. and some more information, this is my 3rd linux where i try to run draftSight, and it ran on Bodhi linux(but was slow), but it didnt ran on opensuse (gave me same error) on Bodhi i've installed draftSight using .deb file, on suse and Fedora - rpm file. For some reason it didnt have problems on Bodhi i guess Ubuntu shouldnt have problems also... i have some feeling that it may have something to do with nvidia drivers... well, i've told everything i know
Thank you in advance
Old 28th October 2013, 09:23 PM
sorga Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: some problems running draftSight

Don't use style plastique.
Edit "/opt/dassault-systemes/draftsight/bin/draftsight" and replace plastique to cleanlooks.
Old 23rd January 2014, 04:00 PM
cristianox Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: some problems running draftSight

I was facing the same "segmentation fault and plastique style error" when trying to load draftsight on my Fedora 20 x86_64

To satisfy the i686 dependencies I installed the skype through the fedora_utils app, then I installed the draftsight.rpm package via rpm, using the --force option to overrun the "same package provided" error:

rpm -ihv draftsight.rpm --force

The installation succeeded, but I got the damned "segmentation fault and plastique style error".

I solved the problem installing the i686 packages mesa-dri-drivers and mesa-filesystem.

Now I have draftsight working.

Regards

Tags
draftsight, problems, running