FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    France
    Age
    58
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Topspin and F19

    Hello,
    I fought all the day to try launched topspin (Bruker software) without success.
    The only return message that I have is concerning cprserver:

    % topspin
    TopSpin 3.2 pl 3 - Copyright (C) 2013 Bruker BioSpin GmbH
    Installation directory: "/opt/topspin3.2"
    Waiting for FLEXlm license
    valid until 2028-09-04
    mod cprserver: process seems to be dead

    premature cprserver termination
    Program is exiting ...


    Hit ENTER to continue ...
    if somebody already fixed this kind of problem I will be grateful for any help !
    All the best !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,087
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Topspin and F19

    Is your cprserver running? Make sure you have the correct port number and your firewall doesn't block the connection.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    France
    Age
    58
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Topspin and F19

    Hi George,

    Thanks a lot for your help.
    I will see it ASAP.

    All the best.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    /
    Posts
    5,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Topspin and F19

    I faced the same problem recently. The easiest way out is reinstall. If you do not remove ~/.topspin directory, your preferences will not be gone.

    In my case, I was not able to (or could not figure out how to) start cprserver on its own.

    If you do find a way out without reinstalling, please post here - will be very helpful!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    France
    Age
    58
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Topspin and F19

    I just reinstalled topspin without succes.
    If I success to fix sure I will post here how !
    all the best

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    France
    Age
    58
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Topspin and F19

    Hi,

    In order that you do not waste your time by looking for a solution that does not exist (as I did), I made ​​you follow the answer that Dr Clemens Anklin has kindly sent me:

    ******
    Hi Eric

    this is a problem with the Linux Kernel. All Linux Kernels 3.10.0 and higher are affected. You are using 3.10.11

    You should be able to boot the computer to an older Kernel from the bootmenu.

    If you have access to the Bruker Knowledge base this is entry number 11961 (or see here)

    Clemens
    ***

    So we only need to hope that this bug will be fixed very soon !!!

    All the best

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    /
    Posts
    5,242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Topspin and F19

    Ah! Thanks econdami. That explains it ...

Similar Threads

  1. Install F19 in UEFI mode no F19 options
    By dashesy in forum Installation, Upgrades and Live Media
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25th August 2013, 02:36 AM
  2. F19 only has 1024x768
    By Billy_Mays in forum Hardware
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19th July 2013, 09:48 PM
  3. PYSOLFC in F19
    By BillO in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19th July 2013, 01:44 AM
  4. F19 Join to AD
    By TheNom in forum Servers & Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17th July 2013, 09:42 PM
  5. A few issues with F19. . .
    By rich52 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6th July 2013, 06:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •