Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th December 2004, 12:54 PM
haniball Offline

How can i recover data from a screwed up partition?

I tried to fix the FC2 linux with the gentoo live CD, because it stopped by activating the swap. So i made the swap again and i accidentaly type mkswap /dev/hda1 instead of /dev/hda2, now the /boot partition is gone Then i made the mkfs.ext2 /dev/hda1 and now there's only lost+found folder on that partition. I didn't make any other changes on that partition, so data shoul be intact on it, so how to recover it ?
The FS before was ext2. Maybe if i just copy the kernel images and reconfigure the boot loader it would work the same right? The problem is that i dont know where the kernel images are
Old 11th December 2004, 01:17 PM
Stevenisme Offline

hope this may help
http://www.fedoranews.org/contributo..._kashani/grub/
Steven
Old 11th December 2004, 01:40 PM
haniball Offline

OK, but where can i get the kernel images? that's what's missing.
Old 11th December 2004, 02:39 PM
haniball Offline

It's urgent... it has to be done by tomorrow, hope you'll find some solution or i'll have to reinstall :/
Old 11th December 2004, 06:49 PM
Stevenisme Offline

I want to know also,
How about use nortan to have a clone iso? which partion should we backup? and how?

Tags
data, partition, recover, screwed