FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New data for No printing in F 18

    I used sytem-config-printer & from a command prompt as root. I configured my printer as usual on the GUI. After closing the GUI I found the following on the Terminal:

    No ID match for device usb://Samsung/ML-2510%20Series?serial=3V61BKAS203060M.:
    MFG:Samsung;MDL:ML-2510 Series;CMD:GDI;
    No ID match for device usb://Samsung/ML-2510%20Series?serial=3V61BKAS203060M.:
    MFG:Samsung;MDL:ML-2510 Series;CMD:GDI;

    Does anyone understand this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    15,321
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: New data for No printing in F 18

    The only thing I can suggest is to install this package

    splix

    then re-run your cups installation attempt like before with system-config-printer or
    in your browser to localhost:631

    see REF:
    http://www.openprinting.org/printer/...amsung-ML-2510


    The samsung has its own language called splix and it needs that package
    see also the forums and page here

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/splix/forums

    I also see some talk of a Samsung "proprietary" driver that works too and mention that
    splix works with ML-2510:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/spli...essage=4089231
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/spli...essage=4509866

    Maybe you can try to find a package for that. Since the sourceforge talk is back in 2006/2007 it's
    a good guess it's supported
    Last edited by marko; 15th February 2013 at 04:05 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: New data for No printing in F 18

    That fixed it. Thank you for the solution
    Harold

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th October 2008, 04:13 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26th June 2008, 08:51 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th September 2007, 01:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •