Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 4th December 2004, 11:28 PM
JLF_65 Offline

WINE and latest xorg

After the latest update of xorg to hit the RH Updater, applications run under WINE now just make the entire display black. You can still switch to one of the other workspaces using Ctl-Alt-Arrow and then force quit WINE, but I have yet to find a way around this problem. Anyone else run into this?
Old 5th December 2004, 12:26 AM
JLF_65 Offline

Okay, I figured it out. I set "DesktopDoubleBuffer" to no and it worked, so that indicated something wrong with OpenGL. I had removed the xorg OpenGL packages, but not reinstalled the nVidia package. You really do need to reinstall the nVidia drivers any time xorg updates the OpenGL drivers as some nVidia files are obviously overwritten. So if you run into the same problem, try reinstalling the video drivers.

Tags
latest, wine, xorg