Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 15th January 2013, 06:08 PM
dragonbite Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Arrow Fedora 18 support

Since Fedora 18 is just getting out the door, what is this going to do to the EOL for 18? Can I assume it will stay with the time frame based on when it was planned to come out and not when it actually comes out?

Since 19 is due out, tentatively, late May I am thinking that there is going to be the push to keep it "on schedule" regardless of hiccups that push out the release date.

What are your thought(s)?
Old 15th January 2013, 07:16 PM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Fedora 18 support

According to Fedora's release policy, Fedora 18 will remain supported (not go EOL) until 1 month after Fedora 20 is released.

For example, Fedora 16 now goes EOL 1 month from today.

It's a 2 release + 1 month release life, not a specific time period.

Edit:

And yes, they have already announced that F19 will stay on schedule for the May release.