Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th December 2012, 05:41 AM
SenorRude Offline

linuxchrome
Google Chrome Shockwave Flash Issue

Hello,

I have noticed when I go to ufc.com using Chrome or Firefox the shockwave flash player does not work. I believe the issue is with my plugins. I entered my plugin page and I noticed I had two adobe flash plugins that where enabled. When they are both enabled it seems that the shockwave flash player works but when I click on a watchable video (for example: a video from ufc.com or youtube.com)it runs slowly and the sound is choppy. Too correct this issue I had to disable the top plugin. Now my videos are good, but when I go to ufc.com I know longer see the shockwave flash player that shows me updates and videos. Is there some way to correct this issue? I have also attached a picture to this email to show you what my plugin settings look like for adobe flash.

Thanks for any help provided and yes I'm a noob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_003.png
Views:	142
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	24187  
Old 12th December 2012, 11:42 AM
secipolla Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Google Chrome Shockwave Flash Issue

The one on top is the latest and is built-in with Chrome and the one on the bottom you probably installed to have Flash available for other browsers too, like Firefox.
For the latter there's no plans to update it any more except for security patches so you might want to try to disable it and enable the one on top (that site may not work with it because it's not the latest version and maybe it doesn't have some bleeding edge spyware/adware technology ;-) ).
Old 12th December 2012, 09:24 PM
SenorRude Offline

linuxchrome
Re: Google Chrome Shockwave Flash Issue

Yeah, it seems this issue is kind of a give in take. If I disable the top my sound and video become choppy and if I disable the bottom I'm not able to see some features on certain web pages. If I leave them both on then the sound and video becomes choppy as well. I guess at this point I'll prob just leave the top one disabled, it seems to be better for my needs. Thanks for your help and explanation!.

Tags
chrome, flash, google, shockwave