Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 8th November 2012, 08:16 AM
AdamW Offline
Fedora QA Community Monkey

linuxfirefox
GNOME 3.6 Test Day today!

It's that Test Day time again, folks! Depending on where you are, tomorrow or today - Thursday 2012-11-08 - is GNOME 3.6 Test Day. We'll be testing various areas of GNOME to ensure the desktop is working smoothly for the upcoming Fedora 18 release. If you have some time to drop by and help GNOME continue to get better, please do!

Full test instructions are on the Wiki page. We also encourage testers to join the #fedora-test-day channel on Freenode IRC: members of the Fedora QA team and graphics development team will be around to help you with the testing process and also to take a look at any bugs that you might find. If you’re not a regular IRC user, you can find instructions here, or you can simply click here to join the channel (chat room) through a Web front end.

Even if you’re not a Fedora user, please consider joining in - Fedora's GNOME is a very clean build from upstream and fixes for any bugs found at the Test Day will land in upstream GNOME for all distributions that use GNOME to benefit from. Please do come by if you have time! Thanks.
http://www.happyassassin.net
Old 8th November 2012, 11:45 AM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: GNOME 3.6 Test Day today!

What is this strange, "Gnome" thing you speak of? <....>

Mornin' Adam! <....>
Old 15th November 2012, 09:14 AM
AdamW Offline
Fedora QA Community Monkey

linuxfirefox

well, what we did was, we got a whole bunch of garden gnomes, and subjected them to various weather conditions.

what did you THINK a gnome test day would be about?!
http://www.happyassassin.net
Old 15th November 2012, 12:15 PM
hadrons123 Offline
'The Blue Dragon'

linuxfirefox

Hi,
I did use gnome for a while and moved to xfce.
i have issues with gnome-screensaver which is not resolved after posting at various places.
Will I get a fix in fedora(even though the upstream doesn't care about it much), if I file a bug report in fedora?

Details;
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/085566.html
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=579430#c32
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/scre...ead.html#00000

Last edited by hadrons123; 15th November 2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 15th November 2012, 01:46 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamW View Post
well, what we did was, we got a whole bunch of garden gnomes, and subjected them to various weather conditions.

what did you THINK a gnome test day would be about?!
Yeah. my bad. And, I had every intention of helping out when I posted that, but ... you see ... There was this big, mean, psychotic-looking SNAKE hanging at the garden gate! I mean ... I can tolerate the python inside guarding ts perls, but that big ugly anaconda at the gate pretty much talked me out of going there until could come in through a single Drive (way) at the rear.

Sadly, I haven't paid the construction company to provide the new drive (way) just yet. (I think that has a lot to do with a classic Quantitatively Easing Stimulus response. <....> )

On a more serious note, I do indeed apologise. It was my high-minded intention to follow that post up with an install, test and report, but meatspace demands and assorted distractions got the upper hand the last few weeks. We had this election thing, and then there was that whole thing with/about the cops. <....> Anyway, I really had actually cleared off an ancient 80g ATA Seagate Barracuda for the install. ... My tea cup is sitting on it even as I type this. <....>