Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 3rd September 2012, 09:25 AM
Tiddo Offline

linuxfirefox
Fedora 17(x64) Atheros ethernet not working

Hi all,

I've just bought a new laptop (Lenovo g580), but I can't get the wired Internet working. Wireless is working flawless, but wired won't work.

The ethernet card is an Atheros card, unfortunately I couldn't find which series. lspci does show the card:

Code:
$ lspci | grep -i ethernet
01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications Device 1090 (rev 08)
I wish I could tell you I did X and Y to solve the problem myself, however I have no idea where to begin to solve this problem, and Google didn't help me that much either. Could someone help me to get my wired internet connection working?

EDIT: It turns out my ethernet card is an Atheros AR8162

---------- Post added 3rd September 2012 at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 2nd September 2012 at 08:25 PM ----------

After some trial and error I found the following solution:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/colla...networking/alx

In my case however I needed to do
Code:
./script/driver-select atl1c
instead of
Code:
./script/driver-select atx

Tags
17x64, atheros, ethernet, fedora, fedora 17, working

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search