Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th August 2012, 02:51 AM
netSys Offline

linuxfirefox
Question Agree, disagree or add your opinion to improve Fedora Project

I have taken initiative to do suggestions that could improve Fedora Project available on English and Spanish, for all.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:...Fedora_Project

Your opinion is welcome here and there.

Thanks!

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Netsys
Linux user #547784
Old 30th August 2012, 03:03 AM
Dan Online
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Agree, disagree or add your opinion to improve Fedora Project

+1 on including the Gnome-tweak-tool in the default LiveCD and DVD installs. dconf editor should be included as well.

Additionally, E17 should be offered along with Cinnamon in the normal repos as alternative WM/DEs.
Old 30th August 2012, 06:52 PM
Gareth Jones Offline
Official Gnome 3 Sales Rep. (and Adminstrator)

linuxfirefox

Firstly, good idea, though I'd split it into multiple pages for different categories perhaps.

By and large, I agree with most of what's on that page, including the inclusion of gnome-tweak-tool (and as Dan suggested, dconf-editor).

However, I'd caution against the use of weasel words etc., particularly in the GNOME section – keep it factual as much as possible. The G3 hate looks unprofessional in the context of a supposedly constructive Fedora-hosted page. Also the notes about GNOME Shell on the CDs and DVDs make no sense – there already are multiple CD spins specifically to give the choice of shell, and as the default, GNOME Shell has to be on the default spin, at the expense of others if space is limited. The DVD runs the installer directly on X, without a real shell, and installs any of the major shells the same way (from packages) so again that paragraph is what I might politely call BS...
Old 30th August 2012, 07:26 PM
beaker_ Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Video of Fedora (Marketing)

Linux is not being well known as it is due to lack of marketing, we only see those horrible ads from Intel and Microsoft, or Mac, and that the latter generates such psychological impacts that the consumer has not to eat, and spend money it in buying these products. Well perhaps we should we take advantage of that, but in a more healthy and we can all benefit. And how not to know us better than with a promotional video about our project and distro? We have a team of graphic design, why not? I guess that time, but hey if albeit slowly brings can reach the goal.

Ah... yeah... Come get 'r folks & behold an OS that you reinstall every 6month or a year. Sounds like a Win95, 98, me..., salesman to me.
Old 30th August 2012, 07:59 PM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager

linuxfedorafirefox

+1 for gparted and gnome-tweak-tool.

Also, I am not sure how many people know that s/w can be installed when running the live CD. Is this something worth mentioning in "bold"?

One part I disagree is about default page for downloads linked directly to "All download methods". I think it might save bandwidth to download just the live CD. People who download DVD are, I believe, more experienced users who do greater degree of customization during install (may be?).

Tags
asks, community, fedora, project, question