Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 14th August 2012, 03:27 AM
yaakov Offline

windows_7ie
Unhappy Will not boot

I have a dual boot system with windows 7 both 64 bit, and I was having trouble getting into Fedora.
I would need to log in at least twice, sometimes 3 times. It would initially say loading primary ramdisk in large font and I would log in and then the screen goes blank and it says loading primary ramdisk in small font up in the left hand corner and then I would need to log in again. Sometimes it would finish booting and sometimes it would go through the cycle again.
So, I found the menu for logging in and set it to log in automatically, now when I try to go into Fedora the screen just goes blank and I end up needing to press the reset botton to get it to reboot. So obviously I'm now in windows posting to this forum.
I have a bunch of documents in my documents folder that I would like to save but I can't get into the OS to save them. Does anyone have any idea how I can get into the OS at this point?
Old 14th August 2012, 03:56 AM
solo2101 Offline

unknownfirefox
Re: Will not boot

if you power on the computer and let it go... do you get the little black bubble?
Old 14th August 2012, 04:51 AM
yaakov Offline

windows_7ie
Re: Will not boot

Yes I do...It fills up and turns into the F.
I did finally get in by hitting F1 while it was booting and it seems to have worked. I changed the auto login back to the previous setting and it should be back to the prior status at this point. I still don't know why it seems like it's so hard to boot into.: Plus I haven't tried to get into it again yet....so here goes

Tags
boot