Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd August 2012, 03:29 AM
demontwins Offline

linuxfirefox
Question sdhc card in acer aspire one not working in fedora 17

I havn't tested everything in fedora 17 but, all seems to work so far. Only my sdhc card doesn't seem to work, I read the fedora acer wiki page and it mentioned that it is a common problem. I can live with out it, it is just convienient for a netbook. Since i go to the library and coffee shop on occasion. if any one knows some commands to make fedora linux read my sdhc card, i would appreciate it. I've tried a few I fount on the internet, yet my linux doesn't even recognize it is their. I am using an encrypted hd and the binaries might be buggered, so I am going to clean the hard drive and try to clean the sdhc card and reinstall the xfce spin beefy.
Old 4th August 2012, 12:32 PM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: sdhc card in acer aspire one not working in fedora 17

What kind of netbook is this?

If everything else fails you could use a usb card reader which isn't much larger than a SDHC memory card.
Old 4th August 2012, 02:14 PM
smr54 Offline

linuxchrome

Argh, there's a thread on here somewhere and it gave the answer that worked for at least some of us. Hold, on, let me see if I can find it.

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=281988

You may need kmod-staging from the rpmfusion repo. See if that helps.
Old 4th August 2012, 04:00 PM
ryptyde Online

linuxfirefox

I have the AAO-ZG5/AOA 150 which has two sd slots and they both work with F17. The AAO-D250 which only has one sd slot it also works. The card is a Sandisk Extreme III 30MB/s 4GB SDHC. I use the card in a camera and transfer images to the computer. Didn't have to do anything extra to make it work.

phil
Old 4th August 2012, 07:25 PM
jlpierce Offline

linuxopera

Please plug in the card and then post the last 10 lines or so of dmesg and also the output from uname -r?

Tags
acer, aspire, card, fedora, sdhc, working