Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th July 2012, 12:56 PM
nirakarsethy Offline

linuxfirefox
youtube video problem

Hi, I installed fedora 17 and I took help from internet to install all plugin. I have firefox. The problem is whenever i play any video in youtube, the advertisements run fine with nice colors but when the real video come the colors go all wrong.

Kindly Help.

Thank You
Old 24th July 2012, 01:03 PM
smr54 Offline

linuxchrome
Re: youtube video problem

Right click the video, click settings, uncheck enable hardware acceleration. That should fix it, but you might have to do it again when you next go to youtube.

The other way to do it is to try to replace something in the flash library itself. I seem to remember that with the latest adobe update, this no longer worked, but I could be wrong, so it's worth trying.

If on 64 bit do

cd /usr/lib64/flashplug && perl -pi .bak -e 's/libvdpau/libxvdpau/g' libflashplayer.so

If on 32 bit change /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib

What you're doing is actually changing the libflashplayer shared object file so that it doesn't look for libvdpau, which is part of the problem. There's a few other threads about it here.

This is assuming that you mean by colors all wrong that it has a blue tint to most of it--it's always good to be specific in what is wrong, as it helps others help you.
Old 24th July 2012, 01:09 PM
nirakarsethy Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: youtube video problem

Thank You smr54...unchecking helped .

Tags
problem, video, youtube