Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th May 2012, 12:31 PM
bigboss2200 Offline
Wondering Where I Am

linuxchrome
[Temporary Solved] nautilus crash, desktop unusable :(

Dear all..

Greetings..

So yesterday i decided to update my system, but didn't restart.. After I opened my PC today, I was greeted with the following message:

Code:
A problem in the nautilus-3.2.1-2.fc16 package has been detected
Then, cant see anything, not even the toolbar, except the background and conky running.. And ofcourse, because of this problem, GNOME3 is not unusable, even Cinnamon..

I'm currently logged in with META desktop environment temporary, is there any solution for that problem?

PS: Dunno which extra details I should provide, please ask for any ^^

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Ok.. so i was looking around and figured out a temporary solution for this problem.. While searching over the net, someone mentioned something about issuing the command "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lub/libGL.so.1 nautlius" from terminal.. Did that, the desktop loaded, but without any decoration.. so I thought it might be nVidia problem, not nautilus.. So I issued the command:

Code:
yum remove *nvidia*
restarted, and I'm back to Cinnamon again
Old 12th May 2012, 01:02 PM
Yellowman

linuxfirefox
Re: [Temporary Solved] nautilus crash, desktop unusable :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboss2200 View Post
Dear all..

Greetings..

So yesterday i decided to update my system, but didn't restart.. After I opened my PC today, I was greeted with the following message:

Code:
A problem in the nautilus-3.2.1-2.fc16 package has been detected
Then, cant see anything, not even the toolbar, except the background and conky running.. And ofcourse, because of this problem, GNOME3 is not unusable, even Cinnamon..

I'm currently logged in with META desktop environment temporary, is there any solution for that problem?

PS: Dunno which extra details I should provide, please ask for any ^^

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Ok.. so i was looking around and figured out a temporary solution for this problem.. While searching over the net, someone mentioned something about issuing the command "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lub/libGL.so.1 nautlius" from terminal.. Did that, the desktop loaded, but without any decoration.. so I thought it might be nVidia problem, not nautilus.. So I issued the command:

Code:
yum remove *nvidia*
restarted, and I'm back to Cinnamon again
If you had initially mentioned that you were using nvidia I would have told you it's a prelink issue

Code:
su
prelink -au
Old 13th June 2012, 02:29 PM
BryanPG19 Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: [Temporary Solved] nautilus crash, desktop unusable :(

I was having the same issue, the prelink -au fixed it.

thanks

Tags
crash, desktop, nautilus, unusable