Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th April 2012, 05:18 PM
txell Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
f-16: mouse stop working after some minutes.

Hi friends.
I hope someone here could help me.
I got fedora working ok so far, but suddenly, after some minutes the mouse begins to perform strange: when hove it over some bit it highlights ok, as expected, but left click is ignored. I found that right click works but that´s not enough the whole session is affected. It's frustrating, yeah.
Only restart resolve the impasse but, some minutes after the problem again. Does anyone experienced this same?. Would anyone know to tell me something, please?.
I would appreciate any clue.
PS. perhaps something to do with freezing? I tryed with the laptop touch pad and the same, I shouldn't be the only one. I got the os updated. Have no idea about the problem.
Please help!
Txe
Old 30th April 2012, 05:34 PM
Fenrin Offline

linuxopera
Re: f-16: mouse stop working after some minutes.

I experienced not this issue yet, but I found two bugreports about it.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=800697
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=620178

Maybe downgrading your xorg packages can solve this, I have no idea what else you can try.
Code:
su
yum downgrade xorg*
Old 30th April 2012, 08:00 PM
george_toolan Offline

linuxfirefox

So what kind of mouse and notebook are you using?

Check your Universal Access setttings for Pointing and Clicking.

You enabled the "Hover Click" option?
Old 30th April 2012, 11:49 PM
txell Offline

linuxfirefox

Hi there
Thanks for replying.
to: george_toolan
I use a Thoshiba Satellite A-110 laptop, and an optical usb mouse zaapa (though its -lsusb output is Bus 004 Device 007: ID 062a:0000 Creative Labs Optical mouse).
that's it.
Regarding my Universal Access settings, its embarrasing but I even don't know where are them, I couldn't find those settings for checking that out, same for that "hover click option you point out. I mean there is a secction named Universal Access but clicking in there I found an app called orca. I have explored on it but I haven't found those options.

To: Fenrin
Thanks to you too.
I have had a look at thos bugs and some other reports as well, perhaps drivers problem on the last kernel update?

Txell

Last edited by txell; 1st May 2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 1st May 2012, 09:14 PM
txell Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrin View Post
I experienced not this issue yet, but I found two bugreports about it.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=800697
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=620178

Maybe downgrading your xorg packages can solve this, I have no idea what else you can try.
Code:
su
yum downgrade xorg*
Hi Fenrin,
Just to say I did it, I made downgrade xorg* as suggested. Non changes at all, my friend. I also tryed with previous kernel as when boatloading, the first screen let you to choice it. The problem arise again and again.
What I can't undersatnd is that it seems it just happens to me.
Thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

OK. Thanks anyway.
Perhaps I should wait for (mmm) I dunno what? I've spent 3 days (and its nights) now trying to sort this impasse out, but unsuccessfully. I´ll have to move all my tools (I was taking lessons on C++ and python) to my old XP. Its a pity, yeap. It really is.
Txell

Tags
f16, minutes, mouse, stop, working