Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 12th April 2012, 10:02 PM
graysky Offline

linuxchrome
systemd and BFS patched kernels

Does systemd NOT work properly with BFS patched kernels? I saw the following on the Arch wiki which gave me pause:

Quote:
Note: Schedulers such as BFS which avoid cgroup facilities are unsupported by systemd.
Old 12th April 2012, 10:08 PM
jpollard Online

linuxfirefox
Re: systemd and BFS patched kernels

I believe that.

The problem is that cgroups are used by systemd to control CPU distributions over services.

The problem all batch systems have is that none that I know of really support cgroups - which means all batch job entries are sharing the same cgroup. And that means they will cause conflicts with each other.

On the other hand, this can be claimed to be "working properly" as they are not supposed to deal with cgroups.
Old 29th August 2014, 06:10 PM
Valent Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: systemd and BFS patched kernels

Instructions on how to patch, compile and install -ck bfs based kernel in Fedora:
https://www.librehat.com/compile-fed...-simple-guide/

Tags
bfs, kernels, patched, systemd, systemd bfs