Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:03 PM
Valent Offline

linuxfirefox
Lightbulb Fusion Linux forum board?

Hi,
I would like to ask FedoraForum.org admins to consides Fusion Linux users request to open forum that will be part of FedoraForum.org

Having our project on FedoraForum.org is beneficial for both our project (as we will share a lot of expertise with standard Fedora users) and will somehow help Fedora too since it's a product/service based on Fedora.

I believe that this proposal sould be considered as a solution that creates more proximity with Fedora users would bring benefit to all parties, specially users.

Valent,
Fusion Linux project leader.
Old 2nd April 2012, 08:09 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox
Re: Fusion Linux forum board?

Isn't this the place for those discussions?

Fedora Spins & Remixes Here's the place to show off your personally styled Fedora!

You're the only poster about the remix and there's only been one response in 6+ months. Kind of makes it hard to make a case for opening up a whole sub-Forum on the topic. Edit: Besides, you've already got your Forum here: http://groups.google.com/group/fusionlinux/?pli=1
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.

Last edited by bob; 2nd April 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:20 PM
Valent Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Isn't this the place for those discussions?

Fedora Spins & Remixes Here's the place to show off your personally styled Fedora!

You're the only poster about the remix and there's only been one response in 6+ months. Kind of makes it hard to make a case for opening up a whole sub-Forum on the topic. Edit: Besides, you've already got your Forum here: http://groups.google.com/group/fusionlinux/?pli=1
Google groups was a temporary solution when we lost our old forum, and it is used more as mailing list than a forum.

Is there a way to have a "hidden" sub forum board, and try to test it in some "beta" mode and see how it goes from there?
Old 2nd April 2012, 09:51 PM
bob Online
Administrator (yeah, back again)

Location: Colton, NY; Junction of Heaven & Earth (also Routes 56 & 68).
linuxfirefox

How about starting a Social Group? Those are all open.

Keep in mind that I'm just expressing my own opinion on this, since I retired from Admin duties. Those In Power may see it all differently.
Registered Linux User #362651

Don't use any of my solutions on working computers or near small children.
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:42 AM
tox

windows_7chrome

how Big is Fusion Linux? as in User Base? why not start your own forum using phpbb on a dedicated server for a while an see how much traffic you get on it. and possibly place a few Linux based Ads on it to pay for the server costs. i dunno , just an idea.

Tags
forum, fusion, fusion linux