Running the new flash-plugin.x86_64 11.2.202.228 version in youtube / Firefox 11 / Fedora 16 yields strange colours like they were reversed. Can any one reproduce?
Running the new flash-plugin.x86_64 11.2.202.228 version in youtube / Firefox 11 / Fedora 16 yields strange colours like they were reversed. Can any one reproduce?
I haven't noticed any issues with it here, but running F17 and firefox 11 with the 11.2.202.228 version of Flash.
Any particular youtube videos that do it? I could try those and see if I get the same results.
All in youtube. In this one the opening Ferrari is bright blue for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up7pvPqNkuU
colors seem to be fine for me here.
What video card are you using? That might possibly have something to do with the differences. I have tried in on two machines here, one with an Intel and the other with an older Nvidia card (using the nouveau drivers)
From lspci:
Proprietary drivers from rpmfusionCode:nVidia Corporation G98M [GeForce G105M] (rev a2)
I wonder if it's an issue between flash and the proprietary nvidia drivers? I don't seem to see it using the nouveau drivers. '
Maybe someone running the nvidia drivers can test it out and see if they can reproduce it?
I'm using 3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64, flash-plugin-11.2.202.228-release.x86_64, firefox version 11.0, a GeForce GTX 560 Ti video card with the version 295.33 proprietary nvidia driver (from rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing) and there is no color anomaly in any of the flash videos I'm seeing, including the link to the nice red Ferrari.
I am not having any issues with the flash player. I am running my Nvidia card NVS 4200M with Nouveau drivers, Firefox 11, Flash player 11.2, Fedora 17. No colour/image issues.
No issues here either (Nouveau with up-to-date Fedora 15/Firefox/Flash).
I rebooted and my Ferrari remains blue.
From about: pluginsCode:[root@cl ~]# uname -a Linux cl.dkt 3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Mar 20 18:05:40 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux [root@cl ~]# yum list akmod-nv* Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit Installed Packages akmod-nvidia.x86_64 1:290.10-2.fc16.2 @rpmfusion-nonfree-updates [root@cl ~]# yum list kmod-nv* Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit Installed Packages kmod-nvidia-3.2.10-3.fc16.x86_64.x86_64 1:290.10-2.fc16.2 installed kmod-nvidia-3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64.x86_64 1:290.10-1.fc16.18 @rpmfusion-nonfree-updates kmod-nvidia-3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64.x86_64 1:290.10-2.fc16.2 installed
Code:Shockwave Flash File: nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so Version: Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202 MIME Type Description Suffixes application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
Mine reads as below. You shouldn't need the NS plug-in wrapper for 64-bit plug-ins with 64-bit Firefox. It was used to run the 32-bit plug-in on 64-bit machines before the new 64-bit version was released.
I've no idea if it relates to the problem, but it's probably worth trying the plug-in directly without the wrapper.
Code:Shockwave Flash File: libflashplayer.so Version: Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202 MIME Type Description Suffixes application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl
Disabling hardware acceleration bring normal colours back.
@Gareth Where can I make the browser point to the non wrapped version? I have these two directories:
Code:# ll /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/ total 424 lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root cpn 43 Nov 19 18:14 libjavaplugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 64 Nov 19 12:41 librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 50 Nov 19 12:41 libtotem-cone-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-cone-plugin.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 49 Nov 19 12:41 libtotem-gmp-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-gmp-plugin.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 51 Nov 19 12:41 libtotem-mully-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-mully-plugin.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 57 Nov 19 12:41 libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so -> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 39 Nov 19 12:41 npwrapper.so -> /usr/lib64/nspluginwrapper/npwrapper.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root cpn 140440 Mar 28 07:55 nswrapper_64_64.libflashplayer.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root cpn 140440 Feb 13 08:51 nswrapper_64_64.libgnome-shell-browser-plugin.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root cpn 140440 Mar 20 09:00 nswrapper_64_64.skypebuttons.so # ll /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/ total 488 lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 41 Mar 28 07:49 libflashplayer.so -> /usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 14656 Jan 20 03:39 libgnome-shell-browser-plugin.so lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 41 Nov 19 18:14 libjavaplugin.so -> /etc/alternatives/libjavaplugin.so.x86_64 -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 6048 Sep 29 03:49 librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 106600 Oct 26 23:43 libtotem-cone-plugin.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 115400 Oct 26 23:43 libtotem-gmp-plugin.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 77560 Oct 26 23:43 libtotem-mully-plugin.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 86248 Oct 26 23:43 libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 74616 Mar 8 14:03 skypebuttons.so
I have the same issue and, as stated above, disabling the hardware acceleration has fixed the problem for me. (NVIDIA GTX 460m)
Unless you are using, and needing the browser plugin, for AdobeReader, then you do not need either of:
nspluginwrapper.i686
nspluginwrapper.x86_64
If you are using AdobeReader and want/need it's browser plugin, then you probably have both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of nspluginwrapper installed (it won't work just one or the other, it needs both). The consequence of that is that even the native 64 bit browser plugins get "wrapped", even though they don't need to.
Do you have anything in: /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins ??