Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 11th March 2012, 12:03 PM
steliyan10 Offline

linuxfirefox
How to remove draftSight package

Hi,

I need some help with getting fedora to delete draftSight from my computer.

I wanted to see what it has to offer, but couldn't get it to install properly, it installed with errors.

When I try to rpm - e packagename, it returns

Code:
rpm -e dassault-systemes-draftsight-2012.1.1177-2.i386
mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/alien.2761': No space left on device
error: %preun(dassault-systemes-draftsight-2012.1.1177-2.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: dassault-systemes-draftsight-2012.1.1177-2.i386: erase failed
Thanks, in advance.

stelyian
Old 11th March 2012, 03:13 PM
PabloTwo Offline
"Registered User" T-Shirt Winner

linuxfirefox
Re: How to remove draftSight package

Method 1)
Code:
rpm -qpl dassault-systemes-draftsight-2012.1.1177-2.i386.rpm
Hopefully, this will give you a list of all the files that would have been installed had the install been successful. Check the locations listed and just delete all that you find.

Method 2)
Code:
su
updatedb
locate draftsight
This should identify some of the directories/files that did get installed, but possibly not all. Delete the ones belonging to that package.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

You could also try,
Code:
rpm -e --noscripts dassault-systemes-draftsight
Old 11th March 2012, 04:39 PM
steliyan10 Offline

windows_7chrome

Thanks! Because of this thing i have damaged my system to a state I can't get to login

So I can't test your solution.

First time I tried to remove the thing the system hanged, I had to switch it off manually.

I might have removed my dracut package as I was anxious to get rid of the draftsight package
and pressed "d" and it suddenly went to remove dracut from the system. I was checking whether draftsight might be available to remove using a yum remove command !

Now I cannot get to log in at all . Is all my data lost ??
Sometimes it lets me go to root but nothing happens when I type in my password. Sometimes it doesnt get me to the shell at all!

This is the message I get which says FAILED and the message immediatelly afterwards

Code:
Failed to start LSB: Starts and stops login and scanning of iSCSI devices.
See 'systemctl status iscsi.service' for details
Then it says that the pc will switch itself off, but never happens

Code:
The system is going down for power-off NOW!
Can you help me?

steliyan
Old 11th March 2012, 05:26 PM
PabloTwo Offline

linuxchrome

See if you can boot into runlevel 1. If, at the grub menu, you have an entry for a kernel that has "( recovery mode )", select that entry. It will boot into runlevel 1. This assumes you are using F16.

If not, at the grub menu, hit the "E" key, highlight whichever kernel entry you want to boot with, then hit "E" again to edit that entry. Add a SPACE followed by the letter "s" at the end of the kernel boot line, then enter "B" to boot. OK.. edit: the iscsi error message pretty much gives away the fact that you're using F16. After hitting "E" and editing the kernel boot line, hit F2 to boot. (It's listed at the bottom of the grub2 menu screen which keys to use).

The error messages you see about "Failed to start LSB:...." concerning the iscsi service is not causing the boot failure, it's common boot up message that appears until you disable the iscsi.service.

I have no idea about the state of your hdd now and the potential lose of any of your data files. I also know nothing about the package that you attempted to install, but it's obviously not a package designed specifially for Fedora. Installing non-Fedora rpm packages can be potentially dangerous.

Last edited by PabloTwo; 11th March 2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11th March 2012, 05:42 PM
steliyan10 Offline

windows_7chrome

Thanks!

But do I have to add "s" only or "s" followed by "B". I assume without the quotes.

I pressed F2 and in the grub console added "boot" but nothing, it says no loaded kernel.

steliyan

Last edited by steliyan10; 11th March 2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 11th March 2012, 05:45 PM
PabloTwo Offline

linuxchrome

Just the s, without quotes. The "B" would be if you were editing the kernel boot line on an earlier version of Fedora using grub legacy. The "B" would not be part of the edit, but a grub command to "boot".

There are minimal services running in runlevel 1. If you need an active network to use yum to reinstall packages, you'd probably need to do:

systemctl start NetwokManager.service

or.. if you use "network"

systemctl start network.service

Last edited by PabloTwo; 11th March 2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11th March 2012, 05:58 PM
steliyan10 Offline

windows_7chrome

When i add the command 's' and then boot. First thing it says "unknown command s".

I cant get to login whatever I do. Could there be a way to reinstall dracut package as I may have removed it?

Also, before I get fedora to load its services i receive an inconsistency error then asks to run fsck manually. But I don't think this is the reason for my problem.

Also it won't let me restart like normally because some 'plymouth shutdown package cannot be accessed'. This is a big mess, but if there is a way to access to hdd please help. I also have windows on the same pc but I cant get it from windows .

steliyan
Old 11th March 2012, 06:01 PM
randomuser Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/alien.2761': No space left on device
It looks like you need to clean out /tmp .
Old 11th March 2012, 06:10 PM
PabloTwo Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
When i add the command 's' and then boot. First thing it says "unknown command s".
Maybe you're not at the "edit" stage. I haven't had to actually use the new grub2 edit function yet, though I did try it out once, not because I needed to, but because I wanted to see how it was different.

It may be you don't hit the ENTER key after after add the "s", or the word "single" to the kernel boot line, but just press the F2 key (or whatever the two keys are that are shown at the bottom of the grub2 edit screen, to boot with the added parameter).

If, you have the ( recovery mode ) kernel entry in the gurb2 menu, just select that. No editing necessary.

You could also try CTRL-ALT-F2 to get a console log-in screen and see if you can get to runlevel 3 that way.
Old 11th March 2012, 06:18 PM
steliyan10 Offline

windows_7chrome

I dont have recovery mode. When I add "s" I press enter and then hit F10 (boot) to boot into fedora.
I get the message "unknown command". I can get to shell using ctrl_alt_F2 but once i type in "root" and my password it just hangs, does not respond to anything.

As for the temp folder, how do I clean it?

Thanks,
steliyan
Old 11th March 2012, 06:25 PM
PabloTwo Offline

linuxchrome

After you hit the "e" key to get into the grub2 edit mode, I think you then hit "e" again, after selecting which kernel entry to edit, you need to then use the arrow keys to set the cursor to the correct location on the kernel boot line. In grub2, the kernel boot line is a few lines down from the top, and the kernel boot line itself will be word-wrapped on the screen (mine occupies 3 lines).

The kernel boot line will begin with the word "linux". As a reference, mine looks like this:
Code:
linux	/vmlinuz-3.2.9-2.fc16.x86_64 root=UUID=7f83c155-bb22-40cc-b213-479e96734d7b ro rd.md=0 rd.dm=0  KEYTABLE=us quiet SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 rhgb rd.luks=0 rd.lvm.lv=vg_speedie/lv_swap LANG=en_US.UTF-8
Old 11th March 2012, 06:36 PM
steliyan10 Offline

windows_7chrome

Okay, is it the kernel boot line where I am to add "s" or "single" to?

Does it matter, where exactly I put it in or anywhere between two spaces is ok?

steliyan
Old 11th March 2012, 06:45 PM
PabloTwo Offline

linuxchrome

Yes, to the kernel boot line.
Add "s" or "single" between any other entries that comes after the "ro" entry. Make sure "s" or "single" is separated by a <space> from the other entries.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Depending on how you installed or upgraded to F16, it's possible you are using legacy grub in F16. If you did a clean install of F16, you would have grub2. If you got to F16 using preupgrade, from say, F14, you very well might be using legacy grub. The menu entry format and the menu edit functions are both different between the two versions of grub.

Last edited by PabloTwo; 11th March 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11th March 2012, 06:54 PM
steliyan10 Offline

windows_7chrome

Its a fresh f16 install, from a pen drive. It's a xfce spin.

Grub2 is the boot loader, I added "s" now it boots a command list.
A number of errors pop out and then it gets me to dracut warning me off

Unexpected Inconsistency run fsck disk manually, i skip through that with ctrl_d

Fedora welcome page appears, starts loading services as normal and it gets me to rescue mode,

"use systemctl default ot enter default mode"

where do I go from here

it also complains again that

Code:
 EXT4-fs error (device dm-1): ext4_mb_generate_buddy:739: group 27, 0 clusters in bitmap, 62464 in gd
and some additional lines similar to that, I guess this has to do with me not running fsck manually,

steliyan

Last edited by steliyan10; 11th March 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old 11th March 2012, 07:02 PM
PabloTwo Offline

linuxchrome

Quote:
"use systemctl default ot enter default mode"
Is that asking you a question? Giving you an option to select one or the other?
Whatever, if appears you need to run "fsck -a" once you get to a command prompt.
You might want to specify which <device> for fsck to check... /dev/sda1, or whichever is you're primary Linux "/" partition.

Tags
draftsight, package, remove