Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st March 2012, 08:34 PM
jli001 Offline

linuxchrome
Firefox problem on Fedora

hi all,

I recently installed Fedora on my laptop and love it.....until it started giving me problem.

1.) for some reason, it complains the file system is having problem on almost all restart and insists on having manual fsck done to my linux partition. (this wasn't too much of an issue, just annoyance so far).

2.) Firefox and ThunderBird stop working with the following error:

[joseph@Joseph-HP01 ~]$ firefox
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib64/xulrunner-2/libxpcom.so:
/usr/lib64/libhunspell-1.3.so.0: invalid ELF header
Couldn't load XPCOM.
[joseph@Joseph-HP01 ~]$

I googled high and low for the error msg but got nothing useful. Tried to reinstall firefox, xulrunner, still no dice. I was thinking about re-installing the dependecy libraries, however find rpm returns 1k+ list with matching names but different version so I don't really know which one to pick. I got some insight to what library firefox relies on thru command line yum install:

---> Package firefox.x86_64 0:10.0.1-1.fc16 will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: gecko-libs(x86-64) = 10.0.1-1 for package: firefox-10.0.1-1.fc16.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: libxul.so()(64bit) for package: firefox-10.0.1-1.fc16.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: libxpcom.so()(64bit) for package: firefox-10.0.1-1.fc16.x86_64
--> Processing Dependency: :qlibmozalloc.so()(64bit) for package: firefox-10.0.1-1.fc16.x86_64

But like I mentioned, not sure how to go about re-installing the libraries individually. All I can do is re-installing firefox and the xulrunner that I can identified thru yum but I still got the same error afterwards.

Anyone got any idea?

Thanks,
Joseph

Last edited by jli001; 1st March 2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 9th September 2012, 07:32 PM
ryanvade Offline

windows_vistaie
Re: Firefox problem on Fedora

Same problem here. I can't use nautilus either. My problem is that the library is in a different location.

Tags
fedora, firefox, problem