Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 1st March 2012, 08:00 AM
shabakeh Offline

linuxfirefox
samba automount

hi everyone

i have a problem in automounting samba client to samba server. i followed this link but after restart everything is broken. what should i do? thanks in advance

http://learn.clemsonlinux.org/wiki/Samba_client

my /etc/fstab :

//192.168.6.220/monitoring /opt/smbshare cifs credentials=/etc/samba/alireza.cred,defaults

Last edited by shabakeh; 1st March 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 1st March 2012, 09:50 AM
glennzo Online
Un-Retired Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: samba automount

I can't be of much help to you but I do recall a few threads where the issue with mounting was caused by the network not being up when the mount was called. In other words, the system is trying to mount the share before the network is functional. I wonder if this could apply to your situation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite / Intel Core 2 Duo 1.73 GHz / 2GB / 160GB / Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME/943/940GML Integrated Graphics
Desktop: BioStar MCP6PB M2+ / AMD Phenom 9750 Quad Core / 4GB / 1TB SATA / 500GB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8400 GS 1GB
Old 1st March 2012, 01:26 PM
jswmcw Offline

I'm going to take a quick guess and say that the network isn't up yet when your system tries to mount it. I have the same issue, but a quick "mount -a" after boot mounts it. Of course, I rarely shut my desktop off, so it's not often an issue. That's my guess at what's going on, anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
"Anybody who tells me I can't use a program because it's not open source, go suck on rms. I'm not interested. 99% of that I run tends to be open source, but that's _my_ choice, dammit." -- Linus Torvalds, 2004.

Tags
automount, samba