Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 25th February 2012, 05:07 PM
BBQdave Offline
The Ubu-Grillmaster

linuxfirefox
Scribus crashes due to Signal #6

Hello, I am running Fedora 16 (Gnome 3) and have a program crash with Scribus 1.4.0.

1) File > Export > Save as image

2) A window then appears "Scribus crashes due to Signal #6"

3) After clicking OK on "Scribus crashes due to Signal #6" window, Scribus closes with out exporting.

Scribus functions normally when exporting in other forms, crashes when trying to export as image. I have also had the same issue with Fedora 16 Xfce spin. All other programs in Fedora 16 are functioning properly. Any ideas on this or help is appreciated. Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 05:23 PM
nonamedotc Offline
Community Manager

linuxfirefox
Re: Scribus crashes due to Signal #6

I am having the exact same problem and lot of others too have the same problem. See this bug report on Launchpad.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

The error that shows up in the terminal is
Quote:
QSharedPointer: pointer 0x3e4f400 already has reference counting
Don't know if this has anything to do with the crash though ...
Old 27th February 2012, 05:43 AM
BBQdave Offline
The Ubu-Grillmaster

linuxiceweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamedotc View Post
I am having the exact same problem and lot of others too have the same problem. See this bug report on Launchpad.[COLOR="Silver"]
My main work station is Debian 6 (with kernel 2.6.32), Gnome 2 and Scribus 1.4.0. Scribus works great with no crashes.

Following the bug reports on launchpad, I am wondering if there is an issue with Scribus 1.4.0 and the newer 3.x kernel? Or if the same crashes are occurring with the 3.x kernel and KDE (QT)?

Scribus is a great program and if I update my hardware and GNU/Linux distro, I would like Scribus to be fully functional.
Old 27th February 2012, 06:37 AM
RupertPupkin Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

See this bug report: http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=10509

In addition to Fedora it was affecting at least Gentoo (and probably other distros using Qt 4.8.0); it looks like Debian 6 (Squeeze) is still using Qt 4.6.3 so that may be why it's unaffected. Regardless, according to the bug report the problem was fixed in Scribus 1.4.1svn. So hopefully version 1.4.1 will be released soon.
OS: Fedora 20 x86_64 | Machine: HP Pavilion a6130n | CPU: AMD 64 X2 Dual-Core 5000+ 2.6GHz | RAM: 5GB PC5300 DDR2 | Disk: 400GB SATA | Video: ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB | Sound: Realtek ALC888S | Ethernet: Realtek RTL8201N
Old 27th February 2012, 06:08 PM
BBQdave Offline
The Ubu-Grillmaster

linuxiceweasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
In addition to Fedora it was affecting at least Gentoo (and probably other distros using Qt 4.8.0); it looks like Debian 6 (Squeeze) is still using Qt 4.6.3 so that may be why it's unaffected. Regardless, according to the bug report the problem was fixed in Scribus 1.4.1svn. So hopefully version 1.4.1 will be released soon.
Thanks for the information RupertPupkin.

I am getting new hardware in the near future and would like to update my GNU/Linux distro (Fedora 16 or Debian 7), would like Scribus to work properly.

If I get the time (before new hardware), I will test Debian 7 and Scribus 1.4.1svn, and provide feedback.

Thanks again for the information on Scribus 1.4.1svn.

Tags
crashes, scribus, signal