Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th February 2012, 05:01 PM
leonardevens Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
More problems with .gvfs

I've done a clean install of Fedora 15, keeping my old /home. I'm now ttrying to setup by old users properly and I'm having trouble. I used to do this by editing /etc/passwd, but that is probably not the right way to go, so I'm trying to do it with the Users and Groups Adminstrative tool.

I managed to setup my two users, one for me and one called admin, but I'm having some trouble with group membership. I think I got everything tracking properly using chown -R and chrgp -R, but when I did this on my home directory, it wouldn't work on ~/..gvfs. That is in group numbered 500 which doesn't currently exist, and chgrp won't change it, whether I run it as myself or as root. Simiarly I can't change the permissions on .gvfs however I go about it.

.gvfs is empty and I am tempted to remove it, assuming Ai can, but when I asked about that previously I was told not to do that and instead to change its ownership and permissions.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Tags
gvfs, problems

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search