Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 10th February 2012, 10:42 PM
red warrior Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Install problems with F16Tried to install

Tried to install F16 on a new machine that I'm building. Intel DP35DP motherboard,Quad Core Intel Xeon processor (X3220), 1GB nVidia GeForce GT240 by PNY, 4GB G. Skill RAM. I have used live media and a straight install DVD. Both seem to install but will not reboot successfully. I have installed both windows 7 and Vista successfully on this set up. (I know, don't judge me) Boot error messages are PXE-E61 Media test failure and PXE-MOF Exiting Intel Boot Agent. Should I move down a release to 15 or has any else had this problem?
Old 22nd April 2012, 06:24 PM
edszr Offline

windows_7firefox
Re: Install problems with F16Tried to install

hi Red,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm having the same problem. The live-dvd boots up fine and it looks like the install goes off without a hitch, but when I click "Reboot" at the end of the install process, I get the following when the machine is coming back up:

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel boot agent

Boot Failure

Thanks,
Ed
Old 24th April 2012, 12:48 AM
red warrior Offline

linuxubuntufirefox
Re: Install problems with F16Tried to install

No I did not. It seemed to be a problem with grub. I switched to ubuntu and have had no problems.

Tags
f16tried, install, problems