Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th January 2012, 09:40 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Starting different window managers/DEs from runlevel 3

Hmmmm.

Just forced updates from the "russian" repos, and I'm back in to E17. All is not well, though. About a dozen or so modules fail to load now. <....>

I'm beginning to think I'd have been far better off to compile it myself for this machine.
Old 27th January 2012, 10:49 PM
Dan Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Starting different window managers/DEs from runlevel 3

Hello? Heeeelloooo?

Well ... dang-nabbit ... Ah! There we are!

Hi. Nice to see y'all again. Just spent the last hour in the great intergalactic bit-bucket. Seems like someone between here and Mount Pleasant decided to destructively test the fibre network.

Man ... we are waaaay too dependent on these damn things. I think every bit of commerce three counties wide just came to an abrupt and complete standstill for a full hour.

As much as I love working with and fiddling with these silly devices ... folks ... there's just gotta be a better way! One trained monkey on a backhoe could damn near kill us all! <....>

Tags
managers or des, runlevel, starting, window

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search