Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th January 2012, 09:10 PM
Bazu135 Offline

linuxfirefox
PS/2 instead of touchpad; far too sensitive

I've just installed Fedora 16 (Xfce) on a Fujitsu Lifebook E8010, and have found the touchpad to be far too sensitive. When I attempt to adjust the sensitivity, however, I run into problems, as the touchpad is detected as a "PS/2 generic mouse" instead. A yum update hasn't resolved this detection problem.

I initially intended to look into adjusting the sensitivity via synclient (at present, if I do anything more than barely brush my finger on the touchpad, it registers as a click), but it tells me there is no synaptics driver loaded (presumably because the system thinks there's a regular mouse attached rather than a touchpad).

I therefore have two problems:

1) How can I get Fedora to recognise my touchpad as a touchpad?
2) Either with or without managing #1, how can I reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad?

Many thanks in advance!

Tags
ps or 2, sensitive, touchpad