Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 20th December 2011, 04:40 AM
tashirosgt Offline

linuxopera
Are yum's "Installed Groups" installed on XFCE spin?

Are the "Installed Groups" reported by "yum group list" actually installed on my XFCE FC 16 Fedora spin?

When I do "yum group list", I get a listing of groups which begins with a section called "Installed Groups". But I notice that if run yum to install one of the "Installed Groups" (such as Printing Support), it still downloads some files and apparently installs them. I've just run a "yum update" before trying this, so I don't think it is merely updating files.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:24 AM
markkuk Offline

windows_xp_2003firefox
Re: Are yum's "Installed Groups" installed on XFCE spin?

Yum groups have three categories of packages: mandatory, default and optional. If the mandatory packages are installed, the group is listed as installed. "yum groupinstall" installs both mandatory and default packages, and adds the default packages if only mandatory ones are installed. See: http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumGroups
Old 20th December 2011, 05:44 PM
tashirosgt Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: Are yum's "Installed Groups" installed on XFCE spin?

That was a clear answer and a good link!

Tags
installed, installed groups, spin, xfce, yum, yums