Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 7th December 2011, 04:21 PM
danielfedora Offline

linuxfirefox
fedora 16 hostapd

Hi! I succeed to connect with my android smartphone trough hostapd to internet only once using this hostapd.conf congiguration file

interface=wlan0
hw_mode=g
channel=6
ssid=LinuxReaders

macaddr_acl=0
auth_algs=1
ignore_broadcast_ssid=0
wpa=3
wpa_passphrase=linuxreaderscom
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
wpa_pairwise=TKIP
rsn_pairwise=CCMP

Everything worked fine until system reboot, and I configured hostapd to start at startup (chkconfig hostapd on)l. I just couldn't get an ip address from wi fi connection.
What seems to go wrong, becouse I was connected first time on the internet with my smartphone?

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Now I know how to make a hot spot without creating a bridge.
hostapd.conf it's corectely configurated.
I just had to stop hostapd service >> service hostapd stop, then from network manager on the wireless connection I've started hot spot, then I've restarted hostapd.
It seems that the (ad-hoc) bridge interface had allready been made, and hostapd it's using it.... in this way, I don't have to make any bridge at all....

Tags
fedora, hostapd