FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Running 32-bit Wine on F16 x86_64

    For reasons of compatibility I must use 32-bit Wine on 64-bit system.

    If I execute something like:

    Code:
    [xxx@xxx Downloads]$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/xxx/.wine-xxx" WINEARCH="win32" sh winetricks corefonts
    I get the following error:

    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned unexpanded string '%ProgramFiles%' ... can be caused a corrupt wineprefix, an old wine, or by not owning /home/xxx/.wine-xxx
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Running an already installed program with WINEARCH=win32 gives me this error:

    Code:
    [xxx@xxx Downloads]$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/xxx/.wine-w64" WINEARCH="win32" wine C:\\Program\ Files\ \(x86\)\\xxx\\xxx\\xxx.exe 
    wine: WINEARCH set to win32 but '/home/xxx/.wine-w64' is a 64-bit installation.
    Please give me an advice, how I setup wine to use WINEARCH=win32, or even better, to use WINEARCH=win32 exclusively when I set up new WINEPREFIX.

    I'd install 32-bit wine I used on F15, but sadly it's removed from repo, even though 64-bit wine is worthless.

    Adding more:

    Code:
    [xxx@xxx ~]$ rm -rf .wine
    [xxx@xxx ~]$ export WINEARCH=win32
    [xxx@xxx ~]$ export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine
    [xxx@xxx ~]$ winecfg
    wine: created the configuration directory '/home/xxx/.wine'
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe"
    err:process:start_wineboot failed to start wineboot, err 2
    err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
    fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
    err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2
    [xxx@xxx ~]$ cd Downloads
    [xxx@xxx Downloads]$ sh winetricks corefonts
    ------------------------------------------------------
    wine cmd.exe /c echo '%ProgramFiles%' returned unexpanded string '%ProgramFiles%' ... can be caused a corrupt wineprefix, an old wine, or by not owning /home/xxx/.wine
    ------------------------------------------------------
    [xxx@xxx Downloads]$
    Last edited by vassa; 18th November 2011 at 01:04 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,692
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Running 32-bit Wine on F16 x86_64

    32 bit Wine is still there. I'm running it on an netbook.
    yum install wine.i686

Similar Threads

  1. wine-1.1.29 and x86_64 running any setup.exe
    By dally_z in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 6th November 2009, 11:11 AM
  2. Problems when running emacs 22.3 under an X86_64 running FC10
    By dcelta@gmail.co in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th July 2009, 06:07 PM
  3. wine fatal error (F9 x86_64) running PokerStars
    By mwette in forum Gamers' Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2nd October 2008, 04:27 AM
  4. Running Wine on the x86_64 system
    By GreyWizzard in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 5th July 2005, 06:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •