FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Show desktop keyboard shortcut

    Hello,

    I have just switched to Fedora 15 from a Windows machine, and I am really willing to stay in Linux, but some basic things are really killing me.

    I played a little bit and saw that KDE 4.7 is a little better for my taste than Gnome 3 or whatever the default is.

    But not being able to "Windows + D" to see my desktop is simply driving me crazy. I am so much used to doing that.

    How can I set that short-cut?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ~
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Show desktop keyboard shortcut

    You can enable that shortcut at (translated from Dutch) system settings > keyboard > shortcuts > navigation > hide all normal windows

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Show desktop keyboard shortcut

    Thank you!

    But, all I see is "shortcuts and gestures" and I do not see "hide all normal windows" there.

    No "keyboard" under the system settings.

    Thank you again for your time.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Show desktop keyboard shortcut

    I'm using FC14 and for me "ctrl+alt+d" do the work.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    ~
    Posts
    2,113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Show desktop keyboard shortcut

    I'm sorry, I read your post a little bit too quick and actually thought you had changed from KDE.

    I'm not very familiar with KDE but I tried this myself and it should work:
    System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures > Global Keyboard Shortcuts > KDE component: KWin > Show Desktop

    Hope that works!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Show desktop keyboard shortcut

    You rock man!

    Many, many thanks!

Similar Threads

  1. GNOME - start/show browser shortcut
    By mscava in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11th February 2010, 12:20 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th May 2008, 11:09 PM
  3. Keyboard Shortcut for Log out
    By DennyCrane in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd February 2008, 04:52 AM
  4. "Show Desktop" shortcut/icon?
    By ixlam in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th July 2007, 11:51 PM
  5. "Show Desktop" shortcut/icon, how ?
    By ixlam in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th July 2007, 10:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •