FedoraForum.org - Fedora Support Forums and Community
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question Tomboy Sync with Ubuntu One - Y U NO WORK?

    Since a search for Tomboy only comes up with very old threads, I am thinking that no one has a problem with it and something must be wrong on my end.

    Sure, Gnote is the default replacement for Tomboy. Something with that Mono library people don't like, although same people often use Moonlight for which the library is installed anyway. But you know it's not really a replacement as long as synchronization isn't ported over yet.

    And arguably, what are they waiting for? There's a working sync engine to examine in Tomboy (C#), Conboy (C) and Tomdroid (Java), and sync is one of the most 21st century features people are looking for in this kind of applications.

    Aaanyway, I have been using Tomboy on my Windows and Ubuntu PC for a while now, and Conboy on my Nakio* N900. Now I wanted to be able to reach my notes from my Fedora 15 laptop, and to my surprise, I cannot connect to the Ubuntu One Notes?

    https://one.ubuntu.com/notes/

    It works on any other *boy implementation I use, but when I use the Service called Tomboy Web in the Synchronization tab of Tomboy Preferences, The Connect button will say Server Not Responding on click. It won't connect. Even though I can browse the exact same address just fine in the browser.

    *) Seriously? I cannot mention my phone here? You know how unholy long I have been editing this post before I found out that it was Nakio that caused my post to get denied by the board?? Sorry, my first post here. Have to get used to your rules.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Tomboy Sync with Ubuntu One - Y U NO WORK?

    Or perhaps we need a secret package to allow communication with Ubuntu One, one that is statically linked in the Windows version?

    The most recent post I can find on the forum mentions an outdated repository at:
    http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/...one/fedora-13/

    Some packages might be relevant but - if they still work with 15 at all - I don't know which ones I need. The 'ubuntu one client' stuff seems irrelevant because iirc that is the thing that causes file synchronisation. Ubuntu One Notes and Tomboy use no such thing.

  3. #3
    leigh123linux Guest

    Re: Tomboy Sync with Ubuntu One - Y U NO WORK?

    After 6 posts you will be able to use the word nokia, I implemented it to prevent spam.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Tomboy Sync with Ubuntu One - Y U NO WORK?

    Ah makes sense.

    As for Tomboy.. anyone got some pointers?

    It's a deal breaker for me. I use synced notes on all my computers and devices for a GTD workflow. My Fusion board will arrive this week. I'd like to put Fedora on there. It can't just be 'unable to connect to server' when the server is right there, can it? It's probably something simple. But I need at least one bone thrown before I can figure out the rest myself.

Similar Threads

  1. Can I sync my Tomboy notes to Ubuntu One using Fedora?
    By frandavid100 in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17th June 2011, 11:55 AM
  2. ssh in Fedora 10 doesn't work with a Ubuntu server
    By biglizheng in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th May 2009, 11:40 AM
  3. Ran update using Tomboy now window boxes do not work
    By jleastes in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th March 2008, 05:49 AM
  4. Tomboy sync using ssh
    By JacekZ in forum Using Fedora
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th February 2008, 12:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •