Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 17th July 2011, 11:42 AM
nankura Offline

linuxfirefox
Secondlife issue

hey guys

ok i downloaded the Secondlife linux Singularity Viewer which i use on windows. it provides a linux version in which you need to cd to the folder ( which is in my downloads folder ) and do a ./singularity to run the client

everytime i do this, i recieve the following error and i have no idea why

google isnt much help either

Running from /home/nankura/Downloads/Singularity_1.5.9_2
which: no kde-config in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/nankura/bin)
which: no kde4-config in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/nankura/bin)
bin/singularity-do-not-run-directly: error while loading shared libraries: libtcmalloc.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
*** Bad shutdown. ***
Old 17th July 2011, 11:56 AM
tox

linuxfirefox
Re: Secondlife issue

have you actually got this file libtcmalloc.so.0 ?
Old 17th July 2011, 01:47 PM
nankura Offline

windows_7chrome
Re: Secondlife issue

This issue has been resolved by doing a yum provides */libtcmalloc.so.0*

and a provides KDE4 Libs

Installed all the necessary programs and wolla. alls running like a dream

I must say i am inlove with fedora 15, with 14 i had many problems and painful times but 15 with a phew tweaks and auto tools has been a dream come true

everything just works, even windows programs with wines progress, codecs were easy with the auto*cantrememberthename* something program that did it all automatically and skype

im loving it!

Tags
secondlife