Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th June 2011, 11:35 AM
acidviews Offline

linuxfirefox
Exclamation problems with .mp4 files for ps3

hi im reletivly new to the comunity and im having a seriously deadly bug which could end all
life on earth as we know it.

but seriously i am liking the f15 and all that, but i got things i need to get done within the next few days
and it is defo not an ez fix but i hope it is.... tricky to me anyways.

Multimedia based problem
im transcodeing a movie to be used on the ps3 video x264avc + audio aac(5.1)+ mp4 container.

i had done this in ubuntu before but for somereason i can't on fedora with avidemux anyway.
i also used vlc player to check the file as it was particularly on par for "lip sync" issues.

in avidemux >help>plugins i see the codecs are there
in vlc tools>plugins&extentions> i see the codecs are there

my q is why is it that when i encode a file that i can see it in vlc and not hear it?
i installed gstreamer ffmpeg faac.
i tried movieplayer and it wants a "quicktime codec" lols
im not sure where the issue is

any help would be great
Old 30th June 2011, 01:05 PM
bonedome Offline

windows_98_nt_2000ie
Re: problems with .mp4 files for ps3

Hello
the problem you will have is with aac, the ffmpeg and avidemux available from rpmfusion do not include libfaac encoding, you can use ffmpeg's experimental aac encoder but it sounds like everything's recorded in a tin can, option two is to rebuild ffmpeg with faac support, which is what I do or add faac support to avidemux (probably the simplest solution) I can probably post the file you need here when I get home.
Another alternative is to use mp3 for the audio as I'm sure that will go in an mp4 container and ps3 plays mp3.
Also alot of .mov and .flv movies are h264/aac and just need the container changing (to play on ps3).
You can do this easily with
Code:
ffmpeg -i ~/Videos/input-file.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy ~/Videos/output-file.mp4
this only takes seconds.
Old 30th June 2011, 07:44 PM
bonedome Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Hello
here's what you need to get avidemux to be able to encode with libfaac libADM_ae_faac.so.tar.bz2 it goes in /usr/lib/ADM_plugins/audioEncoders/libADM_ae_faac.so
you'll also need faac from rpmfusion
when you use avidemux you will then see two AAC entries one faac and one lav, the latter being ffmpeg's experimental offering
If you have CFW on your ps3 this is worth a look https://www.lonelycoder.com/hts/showtime_overview.html it's a media player that uses libav

Last edited by bonedome; 30th June 2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 30th June 2011, 08:29 PM
CronoCloud Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedome View Post
Hello
here's what you need to get avidemux to be able to encode with libfaac Attachment 21375 it goes in /usr/lib/ADM_plugins/audioEncoders/libADM_ae_faac.so
Is there a 64 bit version of that file available?

CronoCloud
Old 1st July 2011, 12:17 AM
bonedome Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Here's what I did, I downloaded the avidemux source code, unpacked it, found the file libADM_ae_faac.so copy and pasted into /usr/lib/ADM_plugins/audioEncoders but I don't know if there's a separate 64 bit version of avidemux
Old 1st July 2011, 01:32 AM
acidviews Offline

linuxfirefox

Thanks alot
an yes i do have the cfw 3.55 kmeaw on the ps3 but i dnt realy like showtime
i guess its just that im not used to the buttons an all that.i realy like the xmb media player its
just less hassle for me lols

Im using tha faac encoder in avidemux im hoping it will work if not ill be back
its seems rather strange that ya gta do it manualy its easy enough and no big deal but
do you know why that is?
Old 1st July 2011, 04:46 PM
bonedome Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

I think there's some confusion as to the status of faac with regard to patents, licence and proprietary code, from my little research some parts are open others closed, which has got packagers in a bit of a no-mans land, here's some of the banter over at ubuntu central https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ac/+bug/374900

Tags
.mp4, avidemux, ps3, video audio encoding, vlc player