Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 30th June 2011, 04:35 AM
woodsmoke Offline

linuxfirefox
Dual Boot a Samsung Tablet with F15?

It looks as if I'll get a deal I can't turn down and sell my old original Android phone and get a new Verizon Android.

They also have a tablet, there is the present 7 and a half inch screen and a newer ten incher coming out, the smaller one is heavier but I could get it for a relatively low price.

it has a usb port. Question is can I dual boot Gnome3 on it? and can I then update it? And can Gnome3 do the touch screen thing?

Using Fedora of course.

Or should I put the tablet off for a while?

woodsmoke
Old 1st July 2011, 02:30 AM
woodsmoke Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Dual Boot a Samsung Tablet with F15?

Hi
I ran across this at DW today:

Quote:
117 • Gnome3 and Unity (by bam on 2011-06-30 11:16:06 GMT from United States)
I've realized why we now he Gnome 3 and Unity: Unity works great on my Panasonic tough-book. Tough-books are tuff and have touch-screens. We will now start the upgrade on a select 125 tough-books to Unity 11.04. We are also evaluating Gnome 3 using Fedora.The selling point at work, is the ease for the clinicians to access their charts when on the road, or a patients house.
http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?is...110627&mode=67

sooo...hmmmmm

woodsmoke

Tags
boot, dual, f15, samsung, tablet