Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 27th June 2011, 01:11 PM
sparky27 Offline

windows_7chrome
belkin wireless adaptor

hi,very new to using fedora and trying to install my belkin wireless adaptor is not working at all. It reads the disk but says there is an error.it still works fine on windows so i'm not sure how to fix this.any help would be great!!
Old 27th June 2011, 01:50 PM
stoat Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: belkin wireless adaptor

The wireless adapter probably needs you to install a driver for it. That's a safe guess anyway. If the disk you mentioned is the disk that came with the device, then it almost certainly does not have a Linux driver. I would start by discovering the wireless chipset. If it is using the PCI bus, then this command in a Fedora terminal might do that...
Code:
lspci
If it is using the Universal Serial Bus, then this maybe give some useful information...
Code:
lsusb
Post the Network controller and Ethernet controller lines from lspci and all of lsusb. Maybe somebody will recognize the chipset in the lspci output or the vendor:device ID number in the lsusb output and know something for you to do

Tags
adaptor, belkin, wireless

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search