Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Fedora 19/20 > Using Fedora
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Using Fedora General support for current versions. Ask questions about Fedora and it's software that do not belong in any other forum.

Old 25th June 2011, 05:39 PM
gmangum Offline

linuxfirefox
qemu-kvm F15 host and guest - guest screen problem

I installed a new Fedora 15 KDE system. The display is running at 1680x1050. I created a guest using qemu-kvm and installed Fedora 15 KDE.

I was unable to get a guest resolution better that 1024x768, so I created /etc/X11/xorg.conf specifying 1680x1050. That got me the guest resolution of 1680x1050, but I have a strange problem.

In full-screen mode, when I move the cursor to the right, it stops about 40 pixels or so from the right edge of the screen and another cursor appears that continues to the edge. It's similar to when I move the cursor into the menu bar of the vnc viewer and get the host cursor rather than the guest cursor.

I tried using vinagre with the VNC guest - same result. Then I installed a new guest using spice rather than VNC - same result. I tried using spicec with the spice guest - same result. I'm using -vga std.

I like having my KDE panel on the right edge of the screen so not being able to move the cursor into that area is a problem.

I've spent hours on google looking for similar problems, but no luck so far. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Tags
display resolution, f15, virtualization