Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 22nd June 2011, 02:34 AM
tmort Offline

linuxchrome
F15 Default Sound Devices

I'ver recently updraded to F15 with gnome 3 and am also trying to use gmail to make phone calls using a usb handset. I can go to system settings/sounds and see the handset and do a test sound and it works, however, when I go to use gmail to make a call all sounds are from the internal speakers of my laptop. It doesn't see the handset). This is a real problem for me since I don't have a built in mike.

In earlier versions there was another setting where you could select the default sound input/output devices.

Where might I find these settings and/or does anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 26th June 2011, 06:36 AM
tmort Offline

linuxchrome
Re: F15 Default Sound Devices

Figured out something. If I run alsamixer from the command line I can select a device. Used alacarte to add an item to sound and video that will run usr/bin/alsamixer from within terminal.

Tags
default, devices, f15, sound