Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > Community Lounge > Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

Reviews, Rants & Things That Make You Scream The place for you to submit reviews of all those applications you use with Fedora. The Devs probably aren't listening, but some times you've just GOT to blow off steam or sing its praises.

Old 19th June 2011, 12:08 AM
PatMcLJr Offline

linuxopera
if gnome3 isn't enough

then systemd might be

it would have been nice if the "services" thingy had been updated to work with systemctl

yea, this is in the rants, and I should RTFM column

Pat Jr.
Pat Jr.
Old 19th June 2011, 12:33 AM
RupertPupkin Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: if gnome3 isn't enough

I agree that the GUIs for systemd in F15 aren't very useful. The old (and good) system-config-services program doesn't work like it used to before F15; it just shows what services are running with no way to do anything about it. And the systemadm program that comes with the systemd-gtk package seems half-baked; it doesn't give any way to enable/disable services, just start/stop. And it doesn't even have a Quit or Exit button; you have to close the window using your window manager controls. I hope those tools get improved for F16, especially systemadm (which seems amateurish, like it was rushed to make the release deadline). I'd write one myself (the GUI parts would be easy) but I don't know nearly enough about systemd yet to feel comfortable doing so.