Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 13th July 2011, 03:27 AM
jbuckley2004 Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: AutoPlus and Adobe Air

Sergiomb,
Can you tell us please if you did this on on 32 bit or 64 bit version of Fedora? - that is, did you do this for F15 X86-64 by any chance?

Thanks.
Old 13th July 2011, 04:24 PM
sergiomb Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuckley2004 View Post
Sergiomb,
Can you tell us please if you did this on on 32 bit or 64 bit version of Fedora? - that is, did you do this for F15 X86-64 by any chance?

Thanks.
I use F15.x86_64 but also should work in i686, the mock chroot is always in i686
Old 14th July 2011, 12:30 AM
kernwig Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: FedoraPlus and Adobe Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiomb View Post
I got a solution.

mock -r fedora-14-i386 --init
. . .

And we are ready :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"
!
Thanks for the start sergiomb! I now have Adobe AIR installed inside a chroot... It's eating up 670 MB just to run this one app. :-(

But not how to I run it? I think maybe the forum editor cut out part of yoru post, because all I see is a line setting the library path ending with a name in quotes, which is not valid. I've tried running the AIR installer directly with that evironment variable set, but it can't open libCore.so. I also tried using mock --shell to run the AIR installer within the chroot; that just returns to the command line without any output.
Old 14th July 2011, 05:00 AM
sergiomb Offline

linuxfirefox

no ,
yum install adobeair
in main system
and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"
in main system .

You just need old librpm which are in /var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386/root/usr/lib/

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

Hi, even more simple.
All code that you need to install Adobe air and TweetDeck_0_37.6.air for example in Fedora 15.

To begin, refer to the Adobe site at http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/. Select YUM for Linux to download, and confirm.
This will download the adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm file. Installation of the repository file adobe-linux-i386.repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/ can be performed by installing the .rpm file. Issue the following command within the directory where you have downloaded the repository rpm file.

as root
yum install adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
yum install adobeair
yum install ld-linux.so.2 gtk2-devel.i686 libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libhal.so.1 rpm-devel.i686 libXt.so.6 gnome-keyring-devel.i686 libDCOP.so.4 libxml2-devel.i686 nss-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 xterm rpm-build libgnome-keyring-devel.i686 gnome-keyring.i686 gnome-keyring-pam.i686 gnome-keyring-devel.i686

Now as a normal user type 4 lines:
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --clean (optional)
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install rpm-devel.i686

browse and select the .air that you want
I just test with TweetDeck_0_37.6.air
type root password on popup , and it is installed in your main system, now you could clean /var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386.
you just need fake for "Adobe AIR Application Installer" librpmbuild.so.
Enjoy
Old 15th July 2011, 04:08 AM
kernwig Offline

linuxfirefox
Thumbs up Re: AutoPlus and Adobe Air

Fantastic!

Not only does it work, but I see that the giant chroot installation is only needed to run Adobe Air Installer... Once installed, Pandora runs without it. Yay!

What I didn't realize was that the "Adobe AIR Application Installer" was the program to run, so I had to be in the "/opt/Adobe AIR/Versions/1.0" directory first.
Old 15th July 2011, 04:32 AM
jbuckley2004 Offline

linuxfirefox

I feel like a doof, but I'm not sure I completely understand the instructions.

I understand the yum installs as root, but I have no idea what mock does. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH assignment confuses me, because it looks like it has to be assigned every time. Is that right?

Baby steps, please. I assume that I can get the .air file from tweetdeck. But this part:
Quote:
type root password on popup , and it is installed in your main system, now you could clean /var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386.
you just need fake for "Adobe AIR Application Installer" librpmbuild.so.
doesn't exactly parse into English. Type my password "on popup?" What is done to what to get what pop-up, please.

"Clean" a file in /var/lib/mock??? Clean is not a bash command. Is it a mock command?

I "need a fake"??? A fake what, please.

I know a lot of this would probably make sense if I just tried it, but since I'm really ignorant about mock, I could use just a little more hand holding.
Old 16th July 2011, 01:46 AM
kernwig Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuckley2004 View Post
I feel like a doof, but I'm not sure I completely understand the instructions.
Here's the summary, as I recall it, of how to get this working. Kudos to sergiomb for coming up with all of this, I'm just summarizing the steps.

You must have the Adobe repository installed. See http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mj...f15.html#flash

On root user command line (can also sudo):
Code:
yum install mock adobeair
On your user command-line:
Code:
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install rpm
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install ld-linux.so.2 gtk2-devel.i686 libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libhal.so.1 rpm-devel.i686 libXt.so.6 gnome-keyring-devel.i686 libDCOP.so.4 libxml2-devel.i686 nss-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 xterm rpm-build libgnome-keyring-devel.i686 gnome-keyring.i686 gnome-keyring-pam.i686 libgnome-keyring.i686
cd /opt/Adobe\ AIR/Versions/1.0
You can learn more about mock by reading the man page, of course.

That last weird line tells it to run the installer program, in quotes because the name contains spaces, with the environment variable telling it to use libraries from mock's fedora 14 directory.

The GUI pops up and you can browse to where you had downloaded and saved your .air file. It installs and runs normally! Only the installer needs the old Fedora 14 libraries; the apps themselves run fine in Fedora 15. Repeat the last line for each app you wish to install.

When you are done installing AIR apps, you can free up a bunch of disk space by running:
Code:
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --clean
You'll have to repeat the process if you later decide to install more AIR apps. If you don't mind wasting over 600 MB, you can just leave it all in place without any harm.
Old 16th July 2011, 04:49 PM
jbuckley2004 Offline

linuxfirefox

Ah, thank you much, Kernwig. This is fantastic.
Old 17th July 2011, 04:19 PM
sergiomb Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernwig View Post
On your user command-line:
Code:
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install rpm
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install ld-linux.so.2 gtk2-devel.i686 libdbus-glib-1.so.2 libhal.so.1 rpm-devel.i686 libXt.so.6 gnome-keyring-devel.i686 libDCOP.so.4 libxml2-devel.i686 nss-devel.i686 libxslt.i686 xterm rpm-build libgnome-keyring-devel.i686 gnome-keyring.i686 gnome-keyring-pam.i686 libgnome-keyring.i686
as I wrote on second time
just
Code:
mock -r fedora-14-i386 --install rpm-devel
works .
I just need librpm (version 4.8).so ,
this method could be much simplified , but don't have time and mock is a funny tool.
what is 500 mega bytes nowadays ?
Old 28th July 2011, 01:35 AM
jojosilvera Offline

linuxchrome

My adobe air installer was working fine up until they had an update and now i'm right back to square one. tweetdeck was giving trouble so i decided to remove it and reinstall it only to see the annoying message return saying installer file is damaged. This is truly annoying now I'm gonna have to find Yoono cause i really can't bother with this long drawn out crap to get it to work again.
Old 28th July 2011, 11:27 AM
sergiomb Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosilvera View Post
My adobe air installer was working fine up until they had an update and now i'm right back to square one. tweetdeck was giving trouble so i decided to remove it and reinstall it only to see the annoying message return saying installer file is damaged. This is truly annoying now I'm gonna have to find Yoono cause i really can't bother with this long drawn out crap to get it to work again.
comment #22 and #24 has the solution, the problem is with rpm 4.9 that doesn't export a Symbol needs by "Adobe AIR Installer"

Last edited by sergiomb; 28th July 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 28th July 2011, 02:32 PM
jojosilvera Offline

linuxchrome

so i did as was told the whole mock thing and this is what i get out and have been waiting for a while now:

INFO: mock.py version 1.1.11 starting...
State Changed: init plugins
INFO: selinux enabled
State Changed: start
State Changed: lock buildroot
State Changed: clean
INFO: chroot (/var/lib/mock/fedora-14-i386) unlocked and deleted
State Changed: unlock buildroot
State Changed: init
State Changed: lock buildroot
Mock Version: 1.1.11
INFO: Mock Version: 1.1.11
INFO: enabled root cache
INFO: enabled yum cache
State Changed: cleaning yum metadata
INFO: enabled ccache
State Changed: running yum

it has not moved from there for a good while now what should i do
Old 30th July 2011, 02:27 AM
sergiomb Offline

linuxfirefox
Smile Re: AutoPlus and Adobe Air

OK , other method 300 times more simple
If you want don't use mock

download librpm.tar.gz in attach , (which are the files provide by mock that we real need)
do:

tar zxvf librpm.tar.gz
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

And you will install .air apps
Attached Files
File Type: gz librpm.tar.gz (413.2 KB, 783 views)
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:59 AM
sergiomb Offline

linuxfirefox

update for fedora 16 , now needs libmagic also
download librpm2.tar.gz in attach , (which are the files provide by mock that we real need)
do:

tar zxvf librpm2.tar.gz
and (if you are in /home/sergio) do:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/sergio/lib/ "Adobe AIR Application Installer"

to install .air apps.
Attached Files
File Type: gz librpm2.tar.gz (467.0 KB, 102 views)
Old 15th September 2012, 02:19 AM
itsjustarumour Offline

linuxfirefox

Anybody got this to work in Fedora 17 (64-bit)? I've tried following the instructions in #22, #24 and #29 but

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-17-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"
just gives me:

Quote:
ian@COOLERMASTER 1.0$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/var/lib/mock/fedora-17-i386/root/usr/lib "Adobe AIR Application Installer"
[Adobe AIR Application Installer:4440][ERR] Unsupported package manager!
ian@COOLERMASTER 1.0$

Last edited by itsjustarumour; 15th September 2012 at 02:27 AM.