Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th May 2011, 11:14 AM
mtcstle Offline

linuxfirefox
"No Printers Available"

I've installed f15 on two different machines and each time, the printer dialogue indicates "No Printers Available". Am I missing a package or missing a step.

Regards
John (mtcstle)
Old 24th May 2011, 01:26 PM
jroa1 Offline

linuxfedorafirefox
Re: "No Printers Available"

I think more information is needed. Did the printers work on another version for Fedora? What are the models of the printers?
Old 24th May 2011, 01:31 PM
smr54 Offline

linuxopera

Also, are the printers (or printer) directly connected or network printers?
Old 24th May 2011, 02:43 PM
mtcstle Offline

linuxfirefox

I'm sorry, I don't know how to phrase what exactly is the problem. It's not that a printer doesn't work. It's that in the printer setup dialogue, where I presume it should list a gazillion printers, it only says, "No Printers Available". If I select "+" which I assume means add a printer and indicate either local or network and then press add, the dialogue rolls off the top of the panel and returns me to the initial printer setup page.

I haven't used Fedora/Redhat in over ten years and of course, I've never use Gnome 3 so I don't know how this applet is supposed to act or look. is there a setup guide?

Regards
John (mtcstle)

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Update, I flushed iptables and when I clicked "Network" it found my HP "Photosmart-D110-series" printer. I selected add and it went out and thought about it for nearly a minute before presenting a yellow flag indicating failure. Notwithstanding this, the printer panel now shows the D-110 to be present and active. Still, no print, I tried "print a a test page" and i loaded LibreOffice Writer and tried to print a document. No joy. What am I still missing.

Regards
John

Tags
no printers available