
Originally Posted by
g1l3sp
Teknopaul, are you able to use external displays with bumblebee? Not sure if all Optimus setups are the same, but with mine (a Thinkpad w520) I can't use external displays when I set the display in the bios to "integrated". I suspect bumblebee would have the same problem, which would be a show stopper for me.
BTW, 32 bit Fedora 15 with akmod-nvidia worked flawlessly for me, but of course I could only see 3 gigs out of 12 and sadly the 64 bit version crashes quickly during boot as ja1217 reported when using discrete graphics. I had slightly better luck with 64 bit Ubuntu 11.04 but there are painful issues there: it crashes when I unplug the AC adapter, it often crashes during un-suspend, it crashes when I try to adjust the screen brightness. Maybe I should go back to 32 bit Fedora 15 and see what it takes to enable PAE. I'd be interested though to hear if anyone with a w520 or similar Optimus system has been able to get past the problems that ja1217 and myself have encountered.