Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 24th May 2011, 11:13 AM
Valent Offline

linuxopera
Re: vbox supports gnome3

Is it possible to make Fedora Remix with VBox additions installed so that when you start it in VBox GNOME 3 works? Has anybody tried that? I'm project leader for Fusion Linux and if people find this feature useful we will build it in Fusion.

Cheers,
Valent.
Old 24th May 2011, 11:28 AM
leigh123linux

linuxredhatfirefox
Re: vbox supports gnome3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenH View Post
Interesting...

I had just installed F15, then installed GCC, dkms, kernel-headers, and kernal-devel. I then rebooted and tried to install the guest additions, but it kept failing. It installed the latest kernel-headers, but the kernel was still the original. I did the updates, rebooted, and then installed the guest additions, which went through fine.

After that, the Gnome Shell started up, and I was able to resize the window to be more what I wanted.

I guess I should add that I am running Fedora 14 x86_64 and VirtualBox 4.08, not VirtualBox-OSE. My Fedora 15 guest is also 64 bit.

My machine is based on an AMD Phenom 9850 with 8 GB RAM, of which I dedicated one processor and 2 GB RAM to the virtual machine. I don't know if having IO-APIC checked makes a difference in this.
I used 3 cores for my VM.

Tags
gnome3, supports, vbox