Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center

Go Back   FedoraForum.org > The Dungeon > Archived (Click Header To See Sub-Forums) > F15 Development > F15 Rants - Talking To The Wind
FedoraForum Search

Forgot Password? Join Us!

F15 Rants - Talking To The Wind A place to gnash your teeth and vocalize your issues with F15, such as the default Wallpaper, Gnome3 and LibreOffice. Sure, the proper procedure is to use Bugzilla or subscribe to the Devs mailing lists at Fedora Project, but if you simply want to complain with no effect, here's your spot!

Old 22nd April 2011, 06:22 AM
gatlin Offline

linuxfirefox
Bugs with Gnome3

The right-click does not properly detect the whatever the new top bar is called for pop-ups from right-clicking. The bottom of the screen is an hard cut off. Depending on where I click - in the middle of the screen - vertically some of the pop-up is behind the whatever the top bar is now called where "Activities" is placed.

As a side, who decided that "Activities" is better or equal than "Applications"?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

When I have a large folder in nautilus and all of the files highlighted (Ctrl-A) then the little files information pop-up at the bottom of Nuatilus' window blocks the filenames. That pop-up should have some way to go away and let the names be visable.
Old 22nd April 2011, 06:29 AM
DBelton Offline
Administrator

linuxfirefox
Re: Bugs with Gnome3

it's also kinda a "roulette" as to what style popup menu you get. if you right click on the top bar of an application, you get one style, if you right click on the desktop, you get another style, and if you right click on an icon in the activities screen, you get a totally different style.

Which reminds me. Anyone know of a way to change those ugly black popup menus and boxes? I feel like I went back to 1982 looking at those things.
Old 22nd April 2011, 06:32 AM
gatlin Offline

linuxfirefox

Why can't I hold the screen brightness button instead of hitting it 15 times, also it would be nice if - like on O.S. X - I could change the brightness all the way to no light without locking the screen.
Old 22nd April 2011, 08:05 AM
leigh123linux

linuxredhatfirefox

Moved to F15 Rants - Talking To The Wind
Old 22nd April 2011, 04:34 PM
VastOne Offline

linuxfedorafirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatlin View Post
Why can't I hold the screen brightness button instead of hitting it 15 times, also it would be nice if - like on O.S. X - I could change the brightness all the way to no light without locking the screen.
Reporting bugs is the only way theses issues will be fixed... In my sig line where to report

Tags
bugs, gnome3