Fedora Linux Support Community & Resources Center
Old 29th March 2011, 08:33 AM
roger Offline

windows_xp_2003ie
Gnome3 - Recent files - where are they?

i still search my recent used files, in gnome2 (and even the fallback-version) there is still a list of recent used files (and the option to delete).

But where is this in G3? Shouldn't this be in the pulldown-menu, which appears, when i click on my username in the upper-right corner?

Even tough, i found several instructions, how to add more desktops. Driving the mouse to the upper-left screen corner should bring in the activities a big "+" in the bottom-right corner to add more desktops.

tia
roger
Old 29th March 2011, 08:53 AM
kraekan Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: Gnome3 - Recent files - where are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
i still search my recent used files, in gnome2 (and even the fallback-version) there is still a list of recent used files (and the option to delete).

But where is this in G3? Shouldn't this be in the pulldown-menu, which appears, when i click on my username in the upper-right corner?

Even tough, i found several instructions, how to add more desktops. Driving the mouse to the upper-left screen corner should bring in the activities a big "+" in the bottom-right corner to add more desktops.

tia
roger
Recent documents is a good point. As to added desktops is dynamic now. Drag an icon from the dash or the Applications overview to the far right should add an extra desktop to drop it on.
Old 29th March 2011, 09:42 AM
roger Offline

windows_xp_2003ie

So, there is still nothng for recent documents?

And thanks a lot for the additional workspaces. As you drag a icon on a free workspace on the right side, the app opens in that workspace. even, there will be created a new, empty workspace on the right side of the activity screen automatically.
Old 29th March 2011, 01:07 PM
troyatlarge Offline

linuxfirefox

I don't know where the recent items folder is, or for that matter, where the trash is - however, I have used both now and then in a dynamic way. For example, pressing the window key and then a letter, shows all recent items with a name having that letter.

UUID: 5a0128f0-55b8-11e0-b31d-eb482d4d1d3a
Old 29th March 2011, 01:16 PM
RahulSundaram Offline

linuxfirefox

Hi

Some plans ahead for your reference

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/desk.../msg00085.html
Old 30th March 2011, 05:54 AM
DCOH Offline

linuxfedoraseamonkey

The more I hear and see about Gnome 3 the more I dislike it. Makes me glad I installed the KDE desktop.
Registered Linux user #432525
Linux Box # 337563
Old 30th March 2011, 08:58 AM
roger Offline

windows_xp_2003ie

...of course it is new and needs to have his chance. of course, not everything is ok, but remember, there was a car builder with problems in his tank because of spiders. and this with a product on the market with good experience.

if you use kde oder gnome, no matter, it just hast to fix your needs. and i personally find the idea behind gnome good - i give them a chance. and i hope some others do also, so we find our spiders in the tank and fix it

and remember, gnome2 has settled as near-standard over years, they try a complete new concept of user-interaction, which should rise usability. where is kde at this moment? just wait, they will do a similar step to...

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

ah sorry, i mixed my german with english
Old 30th March 2011, 05:37 PM
kurtdriver Offline

linuxfirefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyatlarge View Post
I don't know where the recent items folder is, or for that matter, where the trash is - however, I have used both now and then in a dynamic way. For example, pressing the window key and then a letter, shows all recent items with a name having that letter.
You can empty the trash from within Nautilus, is that what you mean by dynamic?

Tags
files, gnome3, recent