andrewthomas Offline

linuxfirefox
systemd is broken?

I had to use upstart instead of systemd to get my system not to hang at boot

Code:
init=/sbin/upstart
Is anyone else having this problem?

Code:
systemd[1]: getty@tty4.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-ask-password-plymouth.path/stop would stop a running service.
systemd[1]: Deleting systemd-ask-password-plymouth.path/stop to minimize impact.
systemd[1]: getty@tty6.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: systemd-ask-password-plymouth.path/stop would stop a running service.
systemd[1]: Deleting systemd-ask-password-plymouth.path/stop to minimize impact.
systemd[1]: getty@tty3.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: getty@tty2.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
systemd[1]: getty@tty5.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Was I supposed to have systemd-gtk? I just noticed that I didn't have it installed and installed it. I will now see if it will boot with systemd.
Code:
[ats@asus ~]$ rpm -qa | grep systemd
systemd-20-1.fc15.x86_64
systemd-gtk-20-1.fc15.x86_64
systemd-units-20-1.fc15.x86_64

Last edited by andrewthomas; 25th March 2011 at 06:24 PM. Reason: added version info and systemd-gtk question
Old 25th March 2011, 06:23 PM
jvillain Offline

linuxfirefox
Re: systemd is broken?

See if you can boot into single user mode with systemd first. Just append single to the end of your boot line in grub. You might also want to try booting off your previous kernels as well. If you can get to single user mode then you can start using systemctl to try and figure out what isn't working.
Old 25th March 2011, 06:43 PM
andrewthomas Offline

linuxfirefox

Once I installed systemd-gtk, I rebooted and a got a forced relabel of my filesystem.

Now everything is normal.
Old 25th March 2011, 06:43 PM
smr54 Offline

linuxchrome

There are a few issues right now--I think one is that for some reason, selinux prevents syslog from starting and that's breaking systemd. (Take a look at the testing list archives for this week.)

I haven't been paying close attention to the testing list, so can't be much more help than that.

Tags
broken, systemd